Jumpstart Your Career with Michael F. Simon Builders
MICHAEL F. SIMON CAREERS
Are you looking to get started in the construction field? Do you like to work with your hands and build things? Are you handy? If so, you’ve found a great place to help you get started!
Over the years, Simon Builders has been working with MATC’s construction program to host internships for a day during their semester as well as paid summer internships for people looking to get started in the building/remodeling industry. For this position, you do not need to be a MATC student. It’s important that you are a good match to our company culture. If you come to work with a good attitude, treat what you work on like it’s your own, and truly want to learn, we can teach you the carpentry portion.
Job Description — Carpenter Internship
- You want to work and won’t take shortcuts. We only accept the highest quality finished product.
- Comfortable with power tools
- Aren’t afraid to get dirty and are able to work on your feet for 9 hours a day
- Clean background. We work in some really high-end homes
- Skilled communicator: with the Michael F. Simon Team and clients alike.
You will work right along with our highly skilled team of carpenters to see and learn our extreme dedication to providing quality work, while providing clients with a fun building and remodeling experience. This would involve tasks such as:
- Framing walls
- Setting trusses
- Demo’ing walls
- Setting doors
- Installing windows
- Installing decking
- Installing railings
- Installing cabinets
- Installing base
- Installing casing
Basically, everything that our carpenters do, you would also do.
We work Monday through Friday, 7:00am-4:30pm, though we typically wrap up on Fridays at 11:00am. This allows you the flexibility to either get a jump start on the weekend or work the full day for overtime, earning time and a half. No nights, no weekends, no holidays!
- Live within 30 minutes of the Madison area
- Bring your pouch, basic hand tools and a drill/driver. Everything else is provided for you.
- License, clean driving record & reliable means of transportation
- Pass a drug test
- Previous carpentry experience is a plus!
Varies by experience
We believe in helping train the next generation of builders/remodelers and are here to help. If you think you’re a good fit for our company, submit an application today!