Are you a jack-of-all-trades looking for either a full time or a part time position? Have you “been there, and done that”? Do you love working with your hands, doing odds and ends, and fixing things up around the home? If so, you’ve found the place you’re supposed to be!
Join the highly skilled team of carpenters at Michael F. Simon Builders, an established Madison area home builder and remodeler that has been in business 128 years! With extreme dedication to providing quality work with a fun building and remodeling experience, it’s easy to see why so many (over 45%) of our projects each year are repeat business.
If you are looking to use your handyman/carpentry skills and work on some of the nicest homes in Dane County, this is your opportunity. This could involve things like helping finish up punchlists, taking care of maintenance items or even working on some detailed finish work.
If you want to be valued and rewarded for your herd work and expertise, this may be a great fit for you. We are seeking someone who has the patience and skill to see a job through to completion and values quality over speed. We have a truck (a really nice one) for you and the tools to go in it.
- You don’t take short cuts, and only accept the highest quality finished product
- You enjoy responsibility and problem-solving
- You are able to work independently after receiving project instruction and specifications
- You value a safe work environment
- Skilled communicator: with the Michael F. Simon Team and clients alike.
Primary Job Requirements:
- You have 5+ years’ experience as a skilled carpenter, woodworker or handyman
- Live within 15 minutes of the Madison area
- Have finish carpentry experience
- Comfortable with Dropbox and smartphones
- License and clean driving record
Key Perks (if fulltime):
- Nights, weekends and holidays off
- 401K plan with employer match
- Health & dental options for you and your family
- Profit Sharing
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Recognition and awards
- Work with an amazing team of like-minded A-players who are changing the world one home at a time
Compensation: Depends on Experience
If this sounds like you, apply now!